Scraping from an HTML5 widget

Maxx Turner

Dec 18, 2016, 8:09:18 PM12/18/16
to nokogiri-talk
Hello! I have a speedtest widget embedded in my webpage and I am having horrendous issues trying to scrape the data from within. I am using the latest Ruby/Nokogiri as of 12/18/2016.

My questions are:

1. Is there anyways to scrape the widget AFTER the user has ran the speedtest? The data does show up within the page after it has been ran but I know nokogiri calls when the page is loaded and I have not figured out how to call it later.

2. Is it possible to trigger a image grab or a screenshot of the widget after its been ran and then pass the img through nokogiri and get the data that way?

3. There is an attached img of what I have access to AFTER the widget has been ran.
SpeedTest.jpg

Mike Dalessio

Dec 18, 2016, 8:20:50 PM12/18/16
to nokogiri-talk
Hi!

Can you show us your code? Knowing what you've tried will allow people to give more specific, directed advice.