Errors on OSX El Capitan when using Ruby/Cucumber

JF

Jul 21, 2016, 2:04:45 PM7/21/16
to nokogiri-talk
Hey everybody,

So I have a pretty fresh machine here where I'm having an error.  The steps:
  1. Installed chruby
  2. ruby-installed 2.3.1
  3. went to my ruby project
  4. gem installed what I needed, including 'gem install capybara' (which installs nokogiri-1.6.8), cucumber, etc.
  5. Execute cucumber in the project
I then receive the following issue with nokogiri
dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _rb_data_object_wrap
  Referenced from: ~/.gem/ruby/2.3.1/gems/nokogiri-1.6.8/lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.bundle
  Expected in: flat namespace

dyld: Symbol not found: _rb_data_object_wrap
  Referenced from: ~/.gem/ruby/2.3.1/gems/nokogiri-1.6.8/lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.bundle
  Expected in: flat namespace

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

-JF

Aaron Patterson

Jul 21, 2016, 6:37:12 PM7/21/16
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Looks like you might have installed Nokogiri with a different version of Ruby than you are actually using.  Can you verify that the version of Ruby you're using with Cucumber is the same version of Ruby you used to install Nokogiri?

-Aaron