Nokogiri Installation: Failed to install libiconv from source

KerWei Khaw

Mar 2, 2014, 8:14:16 AM3/2/14
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I'd appreciate any help I can get in installing nokogiri on my late 2009 MBP (running OSX 10.8.5). I've been following the steps here on this page http://nokogiri.org/tutorials/installing_nokogiri.html for homebrew 0.9. When I tried doing a make install, I received an [install] Error 71 and an [install] Error 2. Attached is a copy of the saved log, if it provides any clue as to what the problem may be. Thanks in advance!
libiconv_fail.txt

Mike Dalessio

Apr 3, 2014, 11:07:39 AM4/3/14
to nokogiri-talk
Hi,

Thanks for asking this question! Sorry for the delayed reply.

--

If you're installing Nokogiri 1.6.0 or later, installation of the gem should Just Work™. Try skipping the system-setup steps documented on the site and let us know how you get on.

-mike