java.lang.NullPointerException using Nokogiri 1.8.0

Roger Moyers

Jul 5, 2017, 4:16:15 PM7/5/17
to nokogiri-talk
We are using Nokogiri to XML transformation using an XSLT style sheet in Ruby on Rails.  We have the 1.8.0 gem installed now, but were seeing this on 1.7.1 also.

I've attached the stylesheet (invoice-V5.xslt) and an xml (invxml.xml) file to be transformed.  Also attached is a stylesheet that works in Nokogiri (Invoice-v1.xslt).
The main difference in the stylesheets is the resulting document is 3 copies in the failing version and the code to generate multiple copies.  The Invoice-v1.xslt produces only 1 copy.

This works perfectly in Altnova XMLSpy, but not when used with Nokogiri.

Using Rubymine as IDE and don't seem to be able to see into the Nokogiri gem to find out where the exception is being thrown.

Any pointers greatly appreciated.

can email ro...@bluesagesoftware.com directly if you have any comments/questions
invoice-V5.xslt
invxml.xml
Invoice-V1.xslt

Roger Moyers

Jul 6, 2017, 7:51:43 PM7/6/17
to nokogiri-talk
This has been resolved.  The XSLT style sheet was using version 2.0 and Nokogiri only supports version 1