Installing Nokogiri 1.6.8.1 on SuSe

passfieldd...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2017, 6:44:40 AM6/8/17
to nokogiri-talk
My linux server is running Suse 12.2 and the underlying structure of the PC is 64bit.  When I try and install Nokogiri, it downloads the libraries libxml2 and libxslt and they are visible under the relevant lib64 directory.

However when it is compiling nokogiri it is looking for the libraries under the lib directory

i.e.
File Location
gems/nokogiri-1.6.8.1/ports/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/libxml2/2.9.4/lib64/libxml2.a

gcc include
gems/nokogiri-1.6.8.1/ports/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/libxml2/2.9.4/lib/libxml2.a

Please can someone tell me how to resolve this

passfieldd...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2017, 7:25:25 AM6/8/17
to nokogiri-talk
There is an environment variable CONFIG_SITE and if you unset it then nokogiri compiles

Mike Dalessio

Jun 8, 2017, 7:26:53 AM6/8/17
to nokogiri-talk
Hi,

Thanks for asking this question. This is a known bug in that was fixed in the recent 1.8.0 release.

The CHANGELOG entry for this fix is:

* Support installation on systems with a `lib64` site config. [#1562]

and that's referring to this GitHub Issue: https://github.com/sparklemotion/nokogiri/issues/1562

If you upgrade to 1.8.0 you should no longer have this issue.

-m

Lars Kanis

Jun 8, 2017, 7:28:57 AM6/8/17
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com