Installation failing on Yosemite

Ian Dodd

Feb 12, 2015, 11:27:50 AM2/12/15
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm attempting to install nokogiri as it is a prerequisite component for another code base I'm attempting to install.

sudo gem install nokogiri is producing the following errors: -

unable to convert "\xCA" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for /Library/Ruby/Gems/2.0.0/extensions/universal-darwin-14/2.0.0/nokogiri-1.6.6.2/nokogiri/nokogiri.bundle, skipping

unable to convert "\xCA" from ASCII-8BIT to UTF-8 for lib/nokogiri/nokogiri.bundle, skipping

Installing ri documentation for nokogiri-1.6.6.2

1 gem installed

Could you please assist if you know why I'm getting these errors.

PS.
Before anyone says it has installed - my other components relying on nokogiri to be installed as a prerequisite disagree.
Also be gentle. I'm a noob to nokogiri ...
Xcode command line tools are installed fine.

Thanking you in advance.

Ian Dodd
Bone Desert Software.

Bryan Crossland

Feb 18, 2015, 4:33:48 PM2/18/15
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ian,

You might want to have a look at this Stack Overflow question. They are suggesting that you need to set your LC_CTYPE="utf-8"

Thanks,
Bryan

Gregory Clarke

Feb 18, 2015, 6:16:11 PM2/18/15
to nokogi...@googlegroups.com
FYI Yosemite's built-in ruby 2.0 already has nokogiri 1.5.6 installed

Mike Dalessio

Apr 28, 2015, 6:53:52 PM4/28/15
to nokogiri-talk
Hi,

Have you checked the "installation tutorial" we've prepared at http://www.nokogiri.org/tutorials/installing_nokogiri.html ?

We try hard to keep this document up to date. If you follow the instructions and you're still having problems, please let us know so we can investigate and update the instructions.

Thanks for using Nokogiri!
-m