Media in Verdun project

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Sep 12, 2017, 5:29:18 PM9/12/17
to harrison astroff, SENSORICA, NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
Hi Harrison,

[copying SENSORICA and Verdun project]

In my last email I shared with you a link to the Verdun project. Your skills are very relevant for this project.

First, note that the Verdun project is considered a pilot project for an eventual Canada-wide deployment of this particular model of participatory / collaborative economy. So your contribution right at the start can have a huge multiplier effect  : )

The first year of the project, 2018, will be highly social - 6 events for public consultation and experiencing the collaborative economy. See this particular part of the budget - there are funds for social media content production and activities before and after every event. This communication will carry with it the whole theme of the participatory and collaborative economy. This communication will also have a political intent, as we support those who support our efforts. Good communication and will also help us attract even more funding for the project, in the form of sponsorships in exchange of visibility, proximity and association. So we need to carefully plan communication and think ahead about its technical aspects.

But there is more for you in this project...

In the second year, 2019, we are building 5 open spaces (open labs) and there is budget for telepresence tech in every lab - see this part of the budget. In other words, labs would be linked via video and sound, to allow people to interact, to provide a unique experience across the ecosystem, etc.

If you are interested in this project join the Forum on the project page to stay tuned.

Here's the complete list of SENSORICA projects in case you want to get involved in something else.

NOTE
There's a new project starting just now, about a metal detector sensor, which will be financed.

Feel free to contact me if you have other questions...

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Tiberius Brastaviceanu <tiberius.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Harrison,

Thank you for contacting SENSORICA and for your interest!

The first step for you would be to join the SENSORICA main mailing list and you'll get a sense of the network's priorities, most important or advanced projects, etc.
I need your permission to subscribe you to it.

Did you hear anything about the Verdun project?

Your message

Hello, I was turned onto the film A New Economy, which led to me discover your wonderful co-op. I felt inspired by the energy of your team members and what you are doing together. I am an Electronics Engineering Technician from Toronto and have been working in the film business for the past 5 years. I am the founder of worldwide indie Streaming Network StacksTV.xyz which I developed a fair sharing system for movie and short film revenues to allow filmmakers to make money from their art. Its a work of passion and I feel good to know Im helping change the way things work in the industry and bring back trust and fairness to all. I would be interested in helping with marketing and distribution and possibly helping develop and design products with Sensorica using my knowledge of marketing and hands on electronics manufacturing. I have experience soldering, basic circuit design and I have many of my own tools and components to work with. Let me know how I can help the team :) Thanks so much, Harrison Astroff

--

co-founder of SENSORICAan open value network
co-founder of CAKEconsulting for the new economy

--

co-founder of SENSORICAan open value network
co-founder of CAKEconsulting for the new economy
founder of Multitude Project: informing the new multitude

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Sep 28, 2017, 11:47:30 PM9/28/17
to NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
Hi all,

We are starting to work on branding and video content for the Verdun project.

Actions taken

CALL FOR HELP
Anyone from SENSORICA and OuiShare can join this initiative!
You can propose concepts of media assets, you can provide raw material, you can get involved in planning and editing,  you can facilitate and coordinate the process, you can bring people with media skills to this initiative, ... etc.

NOTE
The Verdun project is a very complex endeavor with very high stakes. As we are starting our activities, we want to generate a collaborative work culture that balances well benefits and responsibilities. Some adepts of collaborative communities / networks have experienced open and collaborative processes/practices in the past. Most of you have probably experienced loose processes. This project is about professional collaborative work. We need to follow the best methodologies that have emerged in different communities around the world, and to use the best collaborative tools. But most importantly, we need to be consequent with what we promises to others in terms of personal engagement: only commit to tasks that you know you are going to deliver. Your rewards, during the course of the project, will be a function of the quality of your participation.

On Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at 5:29:18 PM UTC-4, Tiberius Brastaviceanu wrote:
[...]

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Oct 2, 2017, 9:32:45 PM10/2/17
to NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun, SENSORICA
Some media concepts already proposed by Harrison

--
This is the NOICE / LE VOICE / Verdun public forum.
NOICE is a project coordinated by www.sensorica.co and OuiShare Montreal.

Go to project page on SENSORICA
http://www.sensorica.co/home/what-we-do/projects/non-technical-projects/verdun-project

Go to project page on OuiShare
https://sites.google.com/site/ouisharemtlcollab/home/projects/verdun-project

Background: This forum was first created by SENSORICA for the Open Alliance initiative. See more in this initiative
http://www.sensorica.co/home/working-space/labonline-network/montreal-labonline/the-open-alliance

NOTE: if you find that you are receiving too many emails you can set up your options to daily or weekly digest.You can also unsubscribe yourself from this forum. See below...
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/noice-levoice.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/noice-levoice/0c06d978-c495-44f6-829e-6a7c26b39b1d%40googlegroups.com.

Tiberius Brastaviceanu

Oct 6, 2017, 12:00:48 PM10/6/17
to Eric Waldman, SENSORICA, NOICE - LE VOICE - Verdun
Hi Eric,

There is no work being done the the website yet. That would be the next logical step after a brainstorming about the identity. But there will be a budget for it, and I wold start that work after we get the funding.

There is also a budget planned for telepresence, and when the time comes we will definitely consider your friend's solution. So yes, you can keep him informed.

On Oct 6, 2017 11:42, "Eric Waldman" <e...@ericwaldman.ca> wrote:
Hey everyone!

I'm interested in getting involved in the Verdun Project's web presence as have experience in building websites and content management systems. Are there any scheduled discussions/meetings around that area specifically or is this something that happens at general meetings?

With regard to the telepresence infrastructure, a friend of mine has recently hacked together p2p teleconferencing software that runs in the web browser. He might be interested in adapting it to the Verdun project's use, would this be something you're interested in? I'd be happy to reach out to him!

Best,
Eric

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Tiberius Brastaviceanu <tiberius.brastaviceanu@gmail.com> wrote:
Some media concepts already proposed by Harrison

--
Go to SENSORICA home
https://sites.google.com/site/sensoricahome/home