Is it possible to add catch-all domain (i.e. *.example.com >> redirect-app.nodester.com)

noformnocontent

Jul 9, 2012, 9:40:21 PM7/9/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
Like DNS settings should be just `(A) *.example.com >> 50.16.203.53`

But cli command `nodester domain add example-app "*.example.com"`
gives `nodester warn { response: '{"status":"failure - Your domain name should not have special characters"}', errorCode: undefined }`

--

For most cases just adding redirect to main the site `example.com` would be prbly enough..
or it could be some sort of shrtr redirecting to some app (`url-redirect-app.nodester.com`), which expands url like `shrt-url-1.example.com` >> `example.com/article-1352452/article-part-2-slides/slide-41`

--

Anyways, is it possible?

Alejandro Morales Gámez

Jul 10, 2012, 11:41:54 AM7/10/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
I don't think that you can add wildcard domains to nodester since the proxy is case-sensitive.

Another user suggest that what he could do is to make a request to the nodester api every time that a new subdomain is available for your app ( assuming that you are keeping control of it). But that depends on the use case that you have for it.

We are ok with doing that.
And I don't think that's hard to implement so you should be ok. :)

/be