My app started hanging lately

Boaz Rosenan

Mar 30, 2012, 1:03:28 PM3/30/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
My app (cedalion.nodester.com) started hanging a week or so ago.
It is a web server that serves static content and also has some dynamic content handlers.
About a week ago I noticed it was offline. I restarted it and it came up.  Unfortunately, after viewing a few pages the application stopped responding.
The logs did not depict anything unusual (just report all HTTP accesses) but the pages are not coming.

All of this worked perfectly after deploying the app.  Were there any changes to nodester, that could have caused this kind of behavior?

Thanks in advanced,
Boaz.

Kevin Isom

Mar 30, 2012, 5:24:43 PM3/30/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
Nodester has recently started limiting the amount of available memory
(and file size ) to 25MB. Possibly something in your code isn't
cleaning up nicely and you are consuming too much memory?
Hope this helps
Cheers
Kevin

Boaz Rosenan

Mar 31, 2012, 4:34:30 AM3/31/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Kevin.
That could definitely explain my problem.  I'll look into memory consumption.

Boaz.

Alejandro Morales Gámez

Mar 31, 2012, 1:06:33 PM3/31/12
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hey Boaz! Do you mind recreate your app? We had roll back some changes that was causing high latency on serving static files. Maybe that can help. The limits that kev said, for the moment, are in stand by. But still, look at any memory leak that you could have and fix it :)

Cheers