Node.js server receive output from a Java application and update web pages.

Hongliang Wang

Sep 11, 2016, 8:54:31 AM9/11/16
to nodejs
Hello all, I am writing a web server application, which is a Java program listening to a port. Party A will be automatically sending requests to that port and the application will process the request then generate result. In the mean time, Party B will be reviewing the result updates on a web page. I am not quite familiar with web coding then I did some googling and got the impression that node.js might be the right way to go.

Please correct me if I am wrong and also please give me some suggestions such as
1. which node.js module should be used to build such a web application.
2. How could a Java application send output with node.js server. If it is communicating with node.js server via a socket then will the Java process itself be receiving something while node.js server is broadcasting?

Thanks in advance.

Duy Nguyen

Sep 13, 2016, 3:59:41 PM9/13/16
to nod...@googlegroups.com
1. which node.js module should be used to build such a web application.
A lot of nodejs frameworks outthere to support you to build up web app quickly, naming some such as MEAN, sailjs, feathersjs...
2. How could a Java application send output with node.js server. If it is communicating with node.js server via a socket then will the Java process itself be receiving something while node.js server is broadcasting?
Not sure I understand your question correctly, technically 2 apps can talk to each other via socket(bi-directtional), You can use 'net' module of nodejs v6.5.0.
Or take a look at socket.io lib.

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Nguyen Hai Duy