Blob Data in SQL/Server

已查看 25 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Grant MacDonald

未读,
2017年1月16日 14:59:022017/1/16
收件人 nodejs
Hi folks.  We have a Microsoft Access application that we are migrating to a web based application with node.js on the backend.  There are a few Blob fields in the backend SQL/Server database that can be either PDF, JPG, MSG, etc. format.  We are trying to figure out the best way to handle the blob data:

1) Do you convert the blob to a file on the server (node.js) side and send the URL of this file to the client?
2) Or...send the blob data to the client and let the client handle the formatting?  (the .MSG format is a bit of a challenge as it is supposed to open Outlook when they click on it)
3) For storing these files as blobs in the database, I presume we use something like formidable to read the data and then store it in the database blob field.

Any help or examples appreciated.

Thanks. Grant.

John Kavanagh

未读,
2017年1月16日 19:13:072017/1/16
收件人 nodejs
you just need to send the correct file-type header with the blob data

Grant MacDonald

未读,
2017年1月17日 12:22:322017/1/17
收件人 nodejs