Porting Node.js to a CPU other than ARM or x86/AMD? I'm using OpenWRT and a PPC board.

jeclark2006

Jun 18, 2015, 6:13:17 PM6/18/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
There appears to have been an aborted attempt by some one to port the Node.js to the OpenWRT build environment.

In addition to using OpenWRT as opposed to a mainstream Linux distribution, I'm also using a PPC based processor board.

It there anyone who has an example of porting the package to something other than ARM and x86, which there is mention of in the
configure script.

Ryan Schmidt

Jun 20, 2015, 10:36:41 PM6/20/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Michael Dawson

Jun 22, 2015, 2:11:24 PM6/22/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
What's more is that the V8 PPC port has been contributed back to the Google repos. You should be able to build V8 from PPC from the 4.3 branch and later.  Our course that needs Node to be using a recent V8 level.

The repositories mentioned have the source that will compile/run on PPC for Node 0.10.X and 0.12.X . Having said that the existing V8 ports which support these don't support all embedded PPC processors and there has been some discussion on the repos mentioned https://github.com/andrewlow/v8ppc.