Hot to check if a connection is using RC4 cipher?

Timothée Groleau

Nov 8, 2016, 10:26:59 AM11/8/16
to nodejs
Hi there!

I have a nodejs app that is accepting the RC4 cipher for https connections (achieved via a custom ssl option "ciphers" when calling https.createServer())

I'd like to drop RC4 (in fact, just use the nodejs defaults), but before I do, I was hoping I could check what portion of my traffic is till connecting with it (if any).

I've been digging into connection objects and sockets, but I can't find a property that represents the cipher in use by a particular request (?). Is there a way to find out from within my nodejs app code? If not, is there any other way to get the info?

Thanks!
Tim

Note: my app still runs in node 4; node 6 upgrade planned for sometimes next year.