node-gyp Can't get library to build on Windows.

jason stallings

May 28, 2015, 8:44:49 PM5/28/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hola!

I've been working on porting a Python library, autopy, to Node.js. It's been going great and we have Mac and Linux builds working fine, but I just can't get the code to build on Windows. I know it's probably just the msvc bindings.gyp flags, because the same code builds using setup.py and Python without any errors.

Here's the related issue:

I've been at this for months and I don't know much about Visual Studio and I'm just dying here. If anyone has any experience I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks!

jason stallings

May 30, 2015, 5:42:28 PM5/30/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I believe the errors have to do with mixing C and C++, since the errors seem to be C related. Here's an example:

c:\documents and settings\administrator\desktop\robotjs\robotjs\src\rgb.h(48):
error C2059: syntax error : 'type' [C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\robotjs\robotjs\build\robotjs.vcxproj]

These errors come from every C file, but the same code builds on the same system just using Python's distutils

If there's a better place to ask this, please let me know. I'm just desperate to get this working, there's a bunch of really cool projects relying on RobotJS and I feel bad that their apps have to be Mac only because I can't figure this out.