[FEEDBACK WANTED] Virtual-Console Project

hannes.g...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2016, 11:51:59 PM7/14/16
to nodejs
Hi all,

I would like to tell you about our virtual-console project. As a group of 3 students, we developed a NodeJS console application offering a GameApi, a default controller and hardware emulation.
Our main target was to run this as a living-room sit-in gaming console on a microcomputer as the Raspberry Pi or an ODROID.
Your friends can join with their smartphone and games can be played together.
One can add external websites to run HTML5 games right within the application, with individual per player hardware emulation.
Another possibility, create or embed your own JavaScript based games against our delivered GameApi. You can look to the 3 examples how to do so.

Unfortunately we realized, that a micro-device weren't powerful enough (yet) to render external HTML5 games in acceptable frames. But one can run it on a desktop or notebook machine as well.

To play external games, the hardware emulation is needed, which is actually only supported on Debian based systems (This is due to a NodeJS plugin requirement, uinput).

For more information, visit our project github page: https://github.com/ChrisHaPunkt/virtual-console

This project is actually in a alpha state, so please beware of occurring bugs ;)