change code on runtime without restart

Leandro Müller

Mar 6, 2015, 11:38:32 AM3/6/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone.

How can I change source without restart server?
I read about nodemon  but it restart server when there is any change.
I need to change my application on runtime 24/7.

Thanks.

Matt

Mar 6, 2015, 1:37:46 PM3/6/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
How I do this is have a "runner.js" which uses cluster. When it receives SIGUSR2 it restarts each child process one-by-one, ensuring that the service is always running even during a restart.

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Cristian Wilgenhoff

Mar 6, 2015, 1:38:17 PM3/6/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I haven't work with these modules but maybe they suit your needs:

Btw, seems to be an interesting topic I'll follow up.

Thanks

Floby

Mar 9, 2015, 10:36:53 AM3/9/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
pm2 offers a "rolling restart" of its processes.