How do I build the install of Node.js for Windows?

blackthirt33n

Feb 13, 2015, 1:49:16 PM2/13/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I would like build the node.js from the joyant github and install this on my windows 7 computer.
Where could I find instructions on building the .msi or .exe installer?
black_13

Forrest Norvell

Feb 14, 2015, 12:12:29 PM2/14/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Building Node isn’t very hard: assuming you have a reasonably recent version of VisualStudio installed, just clone the source from GitHub and run vcbuild.bat from cmd.exe. If you want an .msi, run vcbuild.bat release msi, and you should get an .msi that’s identical (albeit unsigned, because you don’t have the certificate) to what’s distributed on nodejs.org.

Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/