Releasing memory of context created with node::makeContext()

madana gopal

Dec 14, 2017, 12:08:49 PM12/14/17
to nodejs
Hi Team,

We are creating a V8 context frequently calling node::makeContext() from c++ code. But it seen, below objects created from native context (in deps/v8/src/context.cc) are not getting cleared, so memory is increasing continuously, on call to makeContext():

1, template instatiation cache (we are creating own function and object templates and attaching the same)
2, extensions
3, embedder data

I couldn't find any api to explicitly clear this data. Could anyone suggest the proper way to destruct all the above items created from makeContext() (i.e any example, showing proper way to use makeContext)

Thanks.

Regards,
Madan