net-snmp - full SNMP version 1 and 2c support for Node.js

Stephen Vickers

Feb 16, 2013, 3:43:37 PM2/16/13
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I've created the new module "net-snmp" to fully implement SNMP version 1 and 2c for Node.js.

This module supports all version 1 and 2c request types (including get-bulk, trap and inform), it supports IPv4 and IPv6, and provides a number of helper methods to perform SNMP walks, get sub-trees, and extract tables (i.e. aggregate types).

The module is installed using npm:

Steve

James Gosnell

Feb 17, 2013, 7:14:20 PM2/17/13
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Is this affiliated with the Net-SNMP Project?

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---

James Gosnell, ACP

Stephen Vickers

Feb 21, 2013, 5:30:46 PM2/21/13
to nod...@googlegroups.com
No, it is a pure JavaScript implementation.

Dhrubo Bhattacharjee

Nov 3, 2017, 6:52:25 PM11/3/17
to nodejs
Hello Stephen Vickers,

I am trying to send a snmp trap message using your net-snmp module from a NodeJS application.  Please find below the code snippet. However, when I am triggering the request , it is send a snmp message to NetCool  Probe . I can see that  SNMP probe  is recognizing the hit and Event. However,  NodeJS application throwing "RequestTimedOutError: Request timed out".
Can you help a bit here ,  please ?  Also, even I change the version from 1 to version2c , net-snmp implementation always sending version1 msg.

var options = {
port: 161,
retries: 1,
timeout: 5000,
transport: "udp4",
trapPort: 162,
version: snmp.Version2c
};

var session = snmp.createSession ("DESKTOP-BPJ763B", "public",options);
var oids = ["1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0", "1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.0"];

res.send('This is a netcool message.')

Thanks & Regards
Dhrubo

Aj Braden