OT: Bootstrap alternative

Alejandro Paciotti

Apr 23, 2014, 1:05:15 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
What alternative would you recommend me to bootstrap as front-end framework?

Thanks!

Ale Paciotti.

Aria Stewart

Apr 23, 2014, 1:09:39 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

On Apr 23, 02014, at 13:05, Alejandro Paciotti <alejandro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What alternative would you recommend me to bootstrap as front-end framework?

Depends on what you’re trying to achieve, of course.

More modularity?
Less ‘editing’ of components, only using and building on solid bases?
Actually competent to do your own design work?

These are all factors.

But this is indeed off topic.

signature.asc

Alejandro Paciotti

Apr 23, 2014, 1:13:11 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Yes it is a OFF-TOPIC, and i have writen "OT" in the subject.

Luiz Filipe

Apr 23, 2014, 1:15:04 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Have you seem semantic-ui.com ?

Job Board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

---

Alejandro Paciotti

Apr 23, 2014, 1:19:29 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Guau!

Thank you very much!

Lloyd

Apr 23, 2014, 1:40:12 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM, Alejandro Paciotti
<alejandro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What alternative would you recommend me to bootstrap as front-end framework?

As Aria asks what characteristics are you most interested in?

I'm not in the know, but http://foundation.zurb.com/ seems popularly
among people that want to invest the expertise so that their app
doesn't have too much of a Bootstrap flavor.

Alexey Petrushin

Apr 23, 2014, 1:41:10 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
http://foundation.zurb.com

Also, you can set filters "CSS" in github search sort projects by count of stars (google how to do it) and investigate first 10 pages of results.

Alejandro Paciotti

Apr 23, 2014, 1:56:37 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for a front-end framework for simple apps.

Thanks Lloyd!

Aria Stewart

Apr 23, 2014, 1:59:17 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

On Apr 23, 02014, at 13:56, Alejandro Paciotti <alejandro...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am looking for a front-end framework for simple apps.

What do you mean by framework?

What kind of apps?

What things do you want this framework to do?

Bootstrap is almost entirely a basis set of styles to work from — not an app framework or toolkit.
signature.asc

Alejandro Paciotti

Apr 23, 2014, 2:09:39 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I will not intrude more on the forum with my question out of place. Survey responses have given me a lot of material to read and learn about.

Thanks for your concern about my mistakes concepts.

Aria Stewart

Apr 23, 2014, 2:19:44 PM4/23/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

On Apr 23, 02014, at 14:09, Alejandro Paciotti <alejandro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I will not intrude more on the forum with my question out of place. Survey responses have given me a lot of material to read and learn about.
>
> Thanks for your concern about my mistakes concepts.

No worries — I was acknowledging your “OT” more than anything!

Enjoy the learning!
signature.asc