My initial release of a new language that compiles to JS

Zhenzhen Zhan

Jan 1, 2016, 5:41:02 PM1/1/16
to nodejs
It's called FutureScript. It aims to be more consistent, more radical but more readable. Many new concepts are introduced. See:

http://futurescript.org/

Nathan White

Jan 1, 2016, 9:15:11 PM1/1/16
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Quick question about property access. You mention there is no need for brackets and everything utilizes a dot.

Example:

obj."some string"

Using future script assignment lets consider:

prop: "some string"

how would I use the value of variable 'prop' on 'obj'?

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Zhenzhen Zhan

Jan 2, 2016, 12:06:59 PM1/2/16
to nodejs
You can use this:

obj.(prop)

:)

Aaron Gray

Jan 3, 2016, 8:13:26 PM1/3/16
to nodejs
On Friday, 1 January 2016 22:41:02 UTC, Zhenzhen Zhan wrote:
It's called FutureScript. It aims to be more consistent, more radical but more readable. Many new concepts are introduced. See:

http://futurescript.org/

Well that's a sure fire way to confuse the hell out of people !

Regards,

Aaron