Where to host a node js app?

Bilal Haidar

May 19, 2017, 11:28:56 PM5/19/17
to nodejs
Hi,
I am new to node js.

When developing ASP.NET for instance, I know that I need to host the app under IIS.

When working with node js, where and how to host an app? I am developing a node js app for internal use within my organization and I need to host it somewhere for users to use it.

do I need IIS? Is there something else?

Thanks
Bilal

Dinesh Rampal

May 22, 2017, 12:12:33 PM5/22/17
to nodejs
Hi
It depends on what you are using node js app for. Since you are talking about iis, I presume it is a windows environment. You just need a windows server to host an node js app. Once you have installed node js on your server, you can open a command prompt windows and simple give a command node your app name and it starts running and waiting for requests from client.

There are lot of online torials which can help.

If you can be more specific, then I can help you further.

Dinesh