Cassandra

Vinay Niranjan

Jul 11, 2016, 1:31:19 PM7/11/16
to nodejs
Hi,

I am using Angular Express Seed with cassandra database.what is the best practice to connect cassandra database and execute queries.Right now am using client.execute which is not a right practice.Could anyone suggest how do i connect cassandra in express like dao objects in java.Also,please recommend some links or apps for the same.

Regards,
Vinay Niranjan

Mike D

Jul 13, 2016, 11:52:14 AM7/13/16
to nodejs
Hi,

You should try using the datastax driver, https://github.com/datastax/nodejs-driver-dse, check out online at http://www.globalscale.us.

Regards,

Audrey

Branden Visser

Jul 14, 2016, 11:51:59 PM7/14/16
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Worth noting that the datastax-supported nodejs driver is fully
implemented in nodejs. So, data serialization/deserialization tends to
be painfully slow in high load applications.

You might want to consider the nodejs client library that binds to the
datastax cpp driver instead:
https://github.com/demmer/node-cassandra-native-driver

Just another option depending on your needs.

Hope that helps,
Branden