Node.js hack weekend Oct 1-2 in New York and London; mentors needed

Kevin Fleming

Aug 29, 2016, 6:35:27 PM8/29/16
to nodejs
Hello everyone!

Bloomberg will be hosting a two-day Node.js hack weekend on October 1-2, 2016, in New York City and in London. We'll be providing the meeting space, power, Internet access, food, and everything else required.

This event will have participation by Bloomberg employees, students from nearby colleges/universities, and of course anyone from the Node community who wants to be involved. We'll have a signup link soon, but first we need to find some mentors (experienced Node developers) who are willing to come to the event (at our cost!) and organize the projects and the volunteers, teach people how to hack on Node, and typical hacking activities.

If you're interested in being a mentor at this event, and are available on September 30 through October 2, we'd love to chat with you. As mentioned, we'll cover your travel and lodging expenses so you can focus on the technical work. We expect 50-60 attendees in New York and 30-40 in London, so we're looking for 3-4 mentors in NYC and 2-3 in London.

Please let me know if you're interesting in helping out. We've done this type of event quite a few times now (the last one for Clang/LLVM) and it's a lot of fun and brings many new people into the community; you'll enjoy it!