Error: ENOENT, readdir 'C:\Users\#######\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules'

GusGF

Sep 5, 2016, 11:21:17 AM9/5/16
to nodejs
As a complete newbie to JS I'm using Brackets to code some simple HTML and JavaScript.

All ran fine yesterday and the only change I made today was to disable JSLint in favour of ESLint by deleting the relevant extension folder.

I also disabled extensions (Brackets Icons + W3CValidation) but I don't see this being related.

Now for some reason I'm getting this error.

C:\Users\#######\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules     ....does not exist

I do have C:\Users\fergus\AppData\Roaming\npm  but it only contains a folder called 'etc' and I have looked on my drive and there is no 'node_modules' folder!!

I have set up many IDEs and development environments including Oracle servers but I have never encountered so many problems as I have trying to get JS to run from an editor such as Brackets.

Any help would be appreciated

COPIED FROM CONSOLE:

ErrorNotification.js:125 [node-error 2:16:31 PM] Error: ENOENT, readdir 'C:\Users\fergus\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules'
window.console.error @ ErrorNotification.js:125

123       window.console.error = function () {
124            incErrorCount();
125           return _consoleError.apply(window.console, arguments);
126        };

Murukesh Sadasivan

Sep 6, 2016, 1:07:57 AM9/6/16
to nodejs
Have you tried reinstalling nodejs? Looks like you have corrupted the nodejs installation.