Convert ejs to handlebars

Julia K.

Jun 7, 2016, 9:32:04 AM6/7/16
to nodejs
Hi guys, this question is mostly for opinions and to put me in the right direction.

We had a developer leave the project (startup). He created the project using ejs (embedded js). Others in the group had no say in the matter, but now we do. We would like to convert the project to use handlebars.

There are roughly 50 .ejs templates and roughly 10+ controllers.

What would be the best approach? I mean not to rewrite everything from scratch. I guess I'm looking for experiences and best practices.

The reason we don't like using ejs is that there is too much mixing html and js, and just looks hairy and difficult to manage.

Thanks guys!