Node js handling the large file from the request not able to send response

Soorya Prakash

Aug 30, 2015, 12:59:19 AM8/30/15
to nodejs, Baskaran R, Vijaya Kumar
HI,
 I am sending the data as application/json having image file and i am using skipper-gridfs node module to store it in mongo database directly which works fine .But before storing I need to check the file size and type. My problem is I am simply sending the response for the api call via google chrome rest client like below.

  function(req, res) {
        res.status(200).send({"message":"Done"});
     }

In this case , i am not getting any response .I don't know why please help me in this. I am sending the image in a post request of size 200 kb.  I am not doing anything instead only sending the response.

@ismatim

Sep 11, 2015, 9:44:07 PM9/11/15
to nodejs, baska...@gmail.com, vijay...@gmail.com
Soorya,

Have you started the server ? Please, upload the code complete so, we can give it a look. Regards.

Zachary Juang

Sep 12, 2015, 12:29:24 PM9/12/15
to nodejs, baska...@gmail.com, vijay...@gmail.com
You could check out a "Content-Type: multipart/form-data" parser. I have used https://www.npmjs.com/package/multiparty with pretty good results in the past.