start nodejs express automatically

Uomo di Carbone

Aug 28, 2015, 10:41:48 PM8/28/15
to nodejs
Is there a way to add nodejs express to rc similar to adding vsftp to rc?
sudo update-rc.d vsftpd defaults

I'm running nodejs with express on port 80 using Debian on an Rpi

boby rahmawan

Aug 30, 2015, 12:59:25 AM8/30/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Is it like nodemon module?

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Aria Stewart

Aug 30, 2015, 1:33:46 AM8/30/15
to nodejs
I use ndm wrappers; it's a bit funky but works for me.

More simply, one can tuck things into an @reboot rule in crontab, add them to /etc/rc.local or equivalent, or you can write an init script (or I expect there are several generators for this other than ndm) and use update-rc.d

Aria

Craig Coleman

Oct 5, 2015, 9:56:08 AM10/5/15
to nodejs
Thanks for the lines.
ndm wrappers.  I am finally understanding a a bit of this.
Could you please send me of an example that works.
Thanks
cwc

Aria Stewart