Information about node.js and node-red possible distributed architecture, best practices

Matteo Testa

Feb 28, 2017, 8:42:10 PM2/28/17
to nodejs
Hi,

I'm new approacher of node.js technology, and currently i'm using node-red platform,

My idea is to define multiple modules (or node-red flows) to execute specific scopes.
Every module is like a broker to connecting with different technologies, like raspberry pi and telegram for example.

I would like to know if there are some guidelines about best practice to define communication between these multiple components.

Initially I've guess to use websockets, this can be efficient?
If a will define a specific flow to get telegram message from a user, then calling via websocket another remote module that e.g. will execute a bash script and return the result to first module, using stuff like websocket can be ok?

My main objective is to call some remote method and wait for results.

Someone have already implemented logics like this?