Capture Streaming Data With Spark Streaming Or NodeJS

Vishrant Gupta

Sep 2, 2016, 9:54:25 AM9/2/16
to nodejs
Hi All,

I have a use case where it is required to continuously read data from TCP server (IOT will write into TCP server). I have to decide which technology to use to accomplish this task. Currently we are thinking for Spark streaming, but I am also thinking for NodeJS where nodejs servers will keep on listening TCP server and will update the NoSQL database which is cassandra.

The second part of this required is, I have to push what ever new data is inserted into cassandra to UI. I am not sure how to do this, as cassandra does not have inbuild support for nodejs like MongoDB have from where we can push this data directly to UI.

Please suggest what can be done for this?

Thanks and Regards,
Visrhant

Murukesh Sadasivan

Sep 6, 2016, 1:07:57 AM9/6/16
to nodejs
You may have to use web sockets to push data from the db into the Ui.