NPM prefix compatibility with NVM

saintphi...@gmail.com

May 3, 2017, 5:55:48 PM5/3/17
to nodejs

I recently installed NVM on a linux machine with the intention of using it to upgrade node. Now I am seeing some errors when a new terminal is first launched.

node: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.18'
not found (required by node)
nvm is not compatible with the npm config "prefix" option: currently set to
""
Run `npm config delete prefix` or `nvm use --delete-prefix v7.9.0 --silent`
to unset it.

There are two issues here: 1. Node is requiring `GLIBCXX_3.4.18' but cannot find it. 2. npm config "prefix" option is not compatible with NVM

These errors were not occurring before I installed NVM.

Thanks,

Steve