nodejs or C# ASP.NET for backend?

sqe

Feb 5, 2015, 2:39:08 PM2/5/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hey there,

let's say I want to develop a cross-plattform mobile app and I will use angular.js for the frontend. How should I decide wether to chose node.js or C# ASP.NET for the backend?

My knowledge of C# is the same as Javascript.

Jordan Kasper

Feb 19, 2015, 9:36:43 AM2/19/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I am very biased, but I think there are a lot of benefits to Node.js for mobile back ends. High performance, highly scalable, and really quick to develop in.

We have a nice intro on building a REST API in Node using Loopback with an Angular front end here: https://github.com/strongloop/loopback-example-angular

It walks you through pretty much all the steps, and it's pretty fast. Might be a good place to start just to see if Node.js is for you. Feel free to reply if you have specific questions about Node and mobile APIs, I'll try to answer what I can.

--Jordan