Create a client connection to WebSocket server from within Node.JS

MookiMoo

Oct 3, 2015, 10:30:54 PM10/3/15
to nodejs
I have an (SSL) node server (v4.1.1) running that serves a single page application and as part of the application's function it allows users to upload files which are then stored on the local file system. However, these files need to be processed by a daemon on another machine.

Rather than add file system monitoring code to the daemon I thought it would make sense to connect directly to it as it is already an SSL Web Socket server, but I am unsure how or if I can create a client connection to the daemon, so I would appreciate your help with this.