On Android, it takes about 7 seconds to load 1.6MB js.

vroad

Sep 29, 2015, 12:29:23 AM9/29/15
to nodejs
I built nodejs for Android with some manual adjustments.
Node compiles and runs smaller js(around 100KB) without taking much time, but bigger js (around 1.6MB) takes much longer time to load. Is this just because arm Android devices has less computational power? Bigger one launches instantly on my PC.

How can I optimize this further? This script is already compressed, so another way might bn splitting this script up?
I didn't want to do that as splitting disables haxe's dead code elimination future, but I didn't come up with other things.

vroad

Oct 11, 2015, 12:41:26 PM10/11/15
to nodejs
I'd post this in v8-users, as this is more related to internal structure of v8.