Is there any Book to Learn Node.js?

Daniel dos Santos Pereira

Aug 19, 2017, 12:10:17 AM8/19/17
to nodejs
I'm getting to know the Node right now. So I need a book for beginners. Is there any book of NodeJS for begginers?

Emanuele DelBono

Aug 23, 2017, 11:02:18 PM8/23/17
to nod...@googlegroups.com

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Michael Uman

Dec 1, 2017, 10:39:22 PM12/1/17
to nodejs
Hello,

I found the following book to be helpful in learning NodeJS. This book assumes basic understanding of programming though so I am not sure how good it is for absolute beginners.

About This Book

  • Utilize libraries and frameworks to develop real-world applications using Node.js
  • Explore Node.js compatibility with AngularJS, Socket.io, BackboneJS, EmberJS, and GruntJS
  • Step-by-step tutorials that will help you to utilize the enormous capabilities of Node.js

Book Description

Node.js has emerged as a strong alternative to PHP, and has taken the world of web development by storm. Node.js is a platform that's used to build fast, scalable network applications using JavaScript as a server-side scripting language. Starting with an overview of the most popular programming paradigms, you will venture out on a journey to the depths of Node.js, utilizing its capabilities to conceptualize and develop applications using AngularJS, Socket.IO, Backbone.js, Ember.js, and Grunt.

Packed with real-world examples and trade secrets gained from years of experience in the web development domain, this book takes you to the next level and teaches you everything you need to know to utilize the astronomical potential of Node.js. As a JavaScript platform, Node.js can also be used for desktop application development, which you will learn about in the final chapter of this book.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1783287330/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tony Mobily

Dec 13, 2017, 10:48:45 AM12/13/17
to nodejs
Hi,

I might be old-fashioned, but... I would recommend you read _very_ carefully the online documentation:

It's not quite "tutorial-style", but it really DOES have everything you need in there; plus you will be able to know if things are deprecated, etc.

Merc.