node-red-contrib-rfxcom to send SC5262

Gilson Oguime

Aug 16, 2015, 2:09:27 PM8/16/15
to Node-RED
I noticed that node-red-contrib-rfxcom has nodes to send and receive messages to PT2262 compatible devices.

Can I use it to emulate a remote that uses the SC5262 through a 433.92MHz transmitter connected directly to a Raspberry Pi 2 GPIO?

This remote is recognized by the RC-Switch library on an Arduino...

Are there other requirements, like Wiring-Pi for example?

THanks,
Gilson

Mike Biddell

Aug 20, 2015, 3:59:03 AM8/20/15
to Node-RED
You can connect a 433 meg rx and tx to the pi gpio and run RFSniffer using daemon (npm install). You need to edit and rebuild RFSniffer (add fflush(stdout) ) and removed 'received' from the received string. You need to install wiring pi. If you search in this group, you will find a conversation between me and Dave-CJ discussing it !!! You can use 'codesend' with the EXEC node to send codes. I have built two node-red pi boxes working on this basis and they are nicely stable and working well. RFSniffer is a bit CPU hungry, but my son is working on a less CPU hungry version. Watch this space. My own box runs on RFXCOM and PT2262 protocol and Max Hadley can probably answer your question re-RFXCOM and SC5262. But you can certainly achieve it using the method I have suggested.

Mike

Gilson Oguime

Aug 20, 2015, 12:04:04 PM8/20/15
to Node-RED
Hi Mike,

It works with codesend, but I would like to use a node-red specific implementation.

It was not clear to me if you use node-red-contrib-rfxcom or anything else, can you explain?

And as far as I know the PT2262 and SC5262 are compatible, so if you could post any example it would be great!

Thanks!
Gilson

Mike Biddell

Aug 20, 2015, 12:55:56 PM8/20/15
to Node-RED
Gilson

I am suggesting a node-red solution which involves connecting a 433 tx and rx to the GPIO. It all then runs inside node-red including the codesend.

mike

Mike Biddell

Aug 23, 2015, 5:48:20 AM8/23/15
to Node-RED