Is it possible to authenticate via OAuth (usage : authenticate via Twitter/Facebook account).

Takehiko Amano

Aug 26, 2015, 10:21:01 PM8/26/15
to Node-RED
Hi,

I believe Node-RED provides two ways to host static web sites (or even dynamic web sites).

    1. Make "public" folder as static web site hosting.
    2. Embed Node-RED modules in the original web application.

In any cases, I'd like to authenticate using social accounts e.g twitter / facebook to recognize the users. Is it possible ?

I'm aware how to protect Node-RED flow editor usage via embedded user/password, but this is to protect access to static contents.

Thanks !

Nicholas O'Leary

Aug 27, 2015, 2:20:36 AM8/27/15
to Node-RED

Hi,
if you use the httpStatic setting to identify a directory of content to be served, we only support securing that using basic user/password authentication. So oauth against twitter is not possible in that case.

If you embed node-red in your own node.js app, then you are free to implement whatever security you want in your app.

Nick

--
http://nodered.org
---