nrgpio python command not working

Colin Law

Oct 21, 2016, 11:09:09 AM10/21/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
I am trying for the first time to use the standard rpi gpio nodes for driving gpio pins on a Pi (zero). When I attempt to use the node I get an error "nrgpio python command not working". The nodes have "not running" showing against them.

Python works on the command line and googling has not found anything helpful.

Colin

Mark Setrem

Oct 21, 2016, 11:23:34 AM10/21/16
to Node-RED
And the instructions in the docs didn't work?
http://nodered.org/docs/hardware/raspberrypi

Colin Law

Oct 21, 2016, 11:54:40 AM10/21/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
Well they hadn't, but they have now.  I thought I had done it all but realised I had missed the bit allowing the user sudo rights with python.  The error message did not suggest an access rights problem so I had not looked for that.  I suppose the reason that google did not help was that most users run as the default pi user, which I don't think is a good idea, for security reasons.

All working now, many thanks

Colin

--
http://nodered.org