Node-red function editing issue in Raspberry pi.

David Beros

Aug 29, 2016, 11:29:15 AM8/29/16
to Node-RED
Having a strange problem with node-red running on raspberry pi.

When editing a function node, the function's text will not display.
Cntrl A + Cntrl C then pasting into a notepad file reveals the function's text, and text can still be inputted with the keyboard but there is no way of seeing what is being typed in the node-red editor.

Some screens shots attached for clarity. Any one have an idea what might be going on here?

text not appearing in function.png
text copied into notepad.png

Nicholas O'Leary

Aug 29, 2016, 11:38:00 AM8/29/16
to Node-RED

What browser are you using?

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

wtro...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2016, 12:20:18 PM9/17/16
to Node-RED

Hello,

I have the same problem regarding editing a function or comment node.
On my Raspi 3 is Rasbian Jessie installed and I use the standard web browser of the package.
Node-Red has been upgrated to version 0.14.6

Under Windows 7 and Firefox the stuff is running well.

I just started with Node-Red and I am impressed about the functionallity.

Many thanks for any help

Walter

Mark Setrem

Sep 17, 2016, 12:26:41 PM9/17/16
to Node-RED
Walter,

Glad you like Node-red
Its a known problem with the standard browser in the raspberry pi gui.

Which is why there's this note:
Note: the default browser included in Raspbian, Epiphany, has some quirks that mean certain keyboard short-cuts do not work within the Node-RED editor. We strongly recommend installing the Firefox-ESR browser instead:
    sudo apt-get install firefox-esr

on the raspberry pi specific page in the documentation: http://nodered.org/docs/hardware/raspberrypi

A lot of people run node-red on a raspberry-pi and then log into it from a browser on a Mac or a PC, which as you appear to have discovered works very well.

Dave C-J

Sep 17, 2016, 12:31:04 PM9/17/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi

we recommend the firefox browser for Pi
   sudo apt-get install firefox-esr

Dave C-J

Sep 17, 2016, 12:33:43 PM9/17/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
darn... should of known Mark would beat me to it... again...

wtro...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2016, 2:06:06 PM9/17/16
to Node-RED

Hello Mark, hello Dave,

Many thanks for your very quick replay. With Firefox on the Raspi it works.

Have a good time

Walter