I2C Servo board controlled by Rasp Pi?

timothym...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2018, 12:02:10 AM4/18/18
to Node-RED
Would it be possible to control an I2C controlled servo board connected to a Rasp PI with Node Red?  I'm considering abandoning the Arduino running firmata as the servo interface.

Dave C-J

Apr 18, 2018, 3:37:31 AM4/18/18
to node...@googlegroups.com
Potentially yes (but I've not done it)
There's several nodes to help - node-red-contrib-gpio, node-red-contrib-i2c etc
or even via raw functions - https://tech.scargill.net/i2c-for-everyone/
or indeed you can drive servos direct from Pi using node-red-node-pi-gpiod

Toshi Bass

Apr 19, 2018, 5:35:31 AM4/19/18
to Node-RED
Which servo board are you using / going to use, for example I use PCA9685 and theirs a node for that    node-red-contrib-pca9685   work great.

timothym...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2018, 11:39:49 AM4/19/18
to Node-RED
That is good to know.  I haven't decided yet, but knowing there are nodes designed to work with a particular board is a distinct advantage.