blinkt text in dasboard

434cond...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 9:13:34 AM4/20/18
to Node-RED
Hello all

I would appreciate this group support how I may have the text in the node red dashboard blinking

Thank you

JLG

Mark Setrem

Apr 20, 2018, 9:22:54 AM4/20/18
to Node-RED
You could try using the <blink> tag but please don't!

From https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/blink

The HTML Blink Element ( <blink> ) is a non-standard element which causes the enclosed text to flash slowly. Do not use this element as it is obsolete and is bad design practice. Blinking text is frowned upon by several accessibility standards and the CSS specification allows browsers to ignore the <blink> element.

434cond...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 9:25:57 AM4/20/18
to Node-RED

434Cond...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 9:28:26 AM4/20/18
to Node-RED
thank you for your prompt answer, but now I know I mai not use the blink ... so what shall be using?

Nick O'Leary

Apr 20, 2018, 9:30:57 AM4/20/18
to Node-RED Mailing List
Hi,

what do you want to do?

As Mark said, blinking text is not generally considered a good design choice. We cannot suggest alternatives as we don't know why you wanted to blink text in the first place.

Nick

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

434Cond...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2018, 10:11:51 AM4/20/18
to Node-RED
Hello

When I turn on one equipment that needs to "warm up " before it start running i want the user to know that in spite not seeing the dashboard in the "on" position the equipment has been triger and just need to wait until the right temperature

sexta-feira, 20 de Abril de 2018 às 14:13:34 UTC+1, 434cond...@gmail.com escreveu:
Hello all

I would appreciate this group support how I may have the text in the node red dashboard blinking

Thank you

JLG

--
http://nodered.org