2FA for the dashboard/ui?

Trevor Morris

Nov 24, 2017, 3:54:35 PM11/24/17
to Node-RED
I think I know the answer to this but is there a way to do this?  I was messing around with passport auth for the editor but really what NR needs is some better auth schemes for the front end ui?  I currently have it locked down the way described on the security page.  Any other strategies I should try?

Nick O'Leary

Nov 24, 2017, 4:39:09 PM11/24/17
to Node-RED Mailing List
Hi Trevor,

the dashboard only supports the basic auth provided by httpNodeAuth. It's been discussed many times on the list and we all acknowledge it needs to have better alternatives - Dave and I simply don't have the bandwidth to do it ourselves and so far no-one else has chosen to help on it.

Nick

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack