Naming Packages?

Jeff Douglas

Jul 31, 2015, 1:00:38 PM7/31/15
to Node-RED
Nick,

Need your quick input on something. I wrote a set of 6 elasticsearch nodes and am looking to publish the package. However, there's already a node-red-contrib-elasticsearch and node-red-contrib-elasticsearch2 package. Both look extremely unfinished. I would have forked the first one but it's written in coffeescript and I didn't want to go down that route.

Do you have a preference on package names? Should I simply name mine node-red-contrib-elasticsearch3 or something more along the lines of node-red-contrib-elasticsearch-more-awesomer?

Thanks
Jeff

Dave C-J

Jul 31, 2015, 3:15:00 PM7/31/15
to node...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jeff,
I would go the node-red-contrib-elasticsearch-jd route