ArtNet-node

ThinkBig

Aug 28, 2016, 7:44:55 AM8/28/16
to Node-RED
Has anyone used the node-red-node-artnet node with any succes?
There is no documentation and I have no idea what to give the node as a valid input in order to control artnet fixtures in my network.

Thanks!

Ben Hardill

Aug 30, 2016, 10:20:10 AM8/30/16
to Node-RED
I have, sort of.

I had to make some changes to it to get it to work with a device I was playing with. I'll try and dig out the changes and post the delta

Edwin

Sep 4, 2016, 2:50:29 AM9/4/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
That would be great. Thanks!.

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Entwickler

Oct 15, 2016, 6:16:18 PM10/15/16
to Node-RED
I just installed Artnet node and I am also looking for an example! But first I encounter a problem in code:
        this.timer = setInterval(function() {
            node.client.send(node.data);
        }, this.interval);

There is no option to turn off this which would cause flooding my network of unneeded UDP packets. This depends on lightning but my fixtures do not need this.

Dave C-J

Oct 16, 2016, 5:40:44 AM10/16/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
sadly this is a node where the author didn't follow the naming guidelines... so it's not one of ours. You will need to try to contact the author to see if he wants to maintain it and will maybe add a readme and accept problems... if not maybe he will let someone take it over and fix it.