Output New Email Message to SSD1306 OLED

Jesse Roach

Jun 27, 2016, 5:22:22 PM6/27/16
to Node-RED
My programming skills are very lacking. Can someone point me in the right direction. I am trying to output a message such as new mail to a ssd1306 OLED. I am using a Pi Zero. I have the GPIO , johnny5 , and SSD1306 libraries installed.

Jesse Roach

Jul 6, 2016, 5:46:19 PM7/6/16
to Node-RED
bump
Message has been deleted

Ben Hardill

Jul 7, 2016, 6:33:58 AM7/7/16
to Node-RED
Show us what you have tried already and somebody is more likely to help

Nick O'Leary

Jul 7, 2016, 6:44:26 AM7/7/16
to Node-RED
Hi Jesse,

I've had a quick search and whilst there are a few ssd1306 node.js modules available, it doesn't appear that anyone has wrapped it up as a node-red node. That's going to make this more challenging for you.

I would start by looking at the ssd1306 node module you want to use, hopefully it'll provide some examples for driving it directly with a simple node.js application. If you can get that far, we can then explore how to move that into a node-red environment so you can wire it up to whatever events you to trigger it.

Nick