Dashboard - Dropdown payload

hello world

Oct 13, 2016, 4:51:55 PM10/13/16
to Node-RED
Greetings!

With current git version, there appears to be a bug in the dropdown:

1) Create 2 groups.
2) Add a dropdown to 1 of them, add some options and connect output to debug node.
3) Switch between the 2 groups in the UI and you'll see the payload from debug node each time you navigate to the group with the dropdown.

Many thanks to Dave for fixing all the items I've raised here.

On a side note, -1, on the fixed width tabs on the new scrolling feature in node-red 15, it's takes like 4 seconds to go from my first tab to the last. yawn :-)

Mihai Beffa

Jul 22, 2017, 12:16:08 PM7/22/17
to Node-RED
I just installed Node-red on a Raspberry pi 3.

The configuration is the simplest possible:  BUTTON  -> DROPDOWN -> DEBUG.

The Button is only a trigger for the Dropdown.
The Dropdown has four Options, each with Numerical Values 0-1-2-3.
When I Deploy it shows correctly in HTML.
When I select an Option, the debut tab prints it correctly
I cannot figure out how to send the selection as payload to the output.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Setrem

Jul 22, 2017, 3:02:32 PM7/22/17
to Node-RED
You say "When I select an Option, the debut tab prints it correctly"

So you have sent the selection as payload to the output.    What did you think should happen?