nodered code about to count pulse every minute and save in file

ing. Carmine Manfredi

Jan 16, 2017, 2:38:29 PM1/16/17
to Node-RED
Hi,
I would make a code in nodered about to count pulse every minute and save in file (for a gas meter, with pulse sensor).
Have you any advice for me?

Colin Law

Jan 16, 2017, 4:24:47 PM1/16/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
On 16 January 2017 at 19:38, ing. Carmine Manfredi
<carmine....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would make a code in nodered about to count pulse every minute and save in
> file (for a gas meter, with pulse sensor).

Do you mean you want to count the pulses and write them to the file
every minute or do you mean the pulses come in once a minute?

If you mean you want to count them over a period of a minute then
about how fast are they arriving, and do you already know how to get
them into the computer? Is it a Pi?

If you go to http://flows.nodered.org/ and put counter in the search
you may find something helpful.

Colin

carmine manfredi

Jan 16, 2017, 4:35:33 PM1/16/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
I want to count the pulses and write them to the file every minute.

A tipical file:
12:00........10 pulse
12:01........12 pulse
12:02........0 pulse
12:03........5 pulse

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Colin Law

Jan 16, 2017, 5:09:16 PM1/16/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
On 16 January 2017 at 21:35, carmine manfredi
<carmine....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want to count the pulses and write them to the file every minute.
>
> A tipical file:
> 12:00........10 pulse
> 12:01........12 pulse
> 12:02........0 pulse
> 12:03........5 pulse

You did not answer the other question:
Do you know how to get the signal into the computer (is it a Pi)?

Also, having gone to flows.nodered.org, impoeted the flows there and
looked at them do you still need help? If so which particular area are
you having trouble with?

Colin

carmine manfredi

Jan 16, 2017, 5:14:15 PM1/16/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
Yes. Is it a Orange Pi and I know how to get signal. I don't know how write the code in Nodered....or is it possible use normal node and linking them ? If yes, how ? Can you help me ?

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Colin Law

Jan 17, 2017, 3:19:10 AM1/17/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
On 16 January 2017 at 22:14, carmine manfredi
<carmine....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes. Is it a Orange Pi and I know how to get signal. I don't know how write
> the code in Nodered....or is it possible use normal node and linking them ?
> If yes, how ? Can you help me ?

You have not said how you got on importing the flows from
flows.nodered.org to see how they accomplish this.

Colin

> Il 16/gen/2017 23:09, "Colin Law" <cla...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> On 16 January 2017 at 21:35, carmine manfredi
>> <carmine....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I want to count the pulses and write them to the file every minute.
>> >
>> > A tipical file:
>> > 12:00........10 pulse
>> > 12:01........12 pulse
>> > 12:02........0 pulse
>> > 12:03........5 pulse
>>
>> You did not answer the other question:
>> Do you know how to get the signal into the computer (is it a Pi)?
>>
>> Also, having gone to flows.nodered.org, impoeted the flows there and
>> looked at them do you still need help? If so which particular area are
>> you having trouble with?
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> --
>> http://nodered.org
>>
>> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
>> ---
>> node-red+u...@googlegroups.com.
>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAL%3D0gLuWDJByNE%2BwyOTXnWppXq8W0aWsUoAAfDpQ%2BW9d1LhtNA%40mail.gmail.com.
>
> --
> http://nodered.org
>
> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAB4zGEtKpfWx6OnC6OmSXqxQODoLwnPFPvWV5m7z9GxWgZNF3w%40mail.gmail.com.

carmine manfredi

Jan 17, 2017, 7:47:20 AM1/17/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry. I'm a newbie. What I to do in flows.nodered.org ?

>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAL%3D0gLuWDJByNE%2BwyOTXnWppXq8W0aWsUoAAfDpQ%2BW9d1LhtNA%40mail.gmail.com.
>
> --
> http://nodered.org
>
> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
> ---

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAB4zGEtKpfWx6OnC6OmSXqxQODoLwnPFPvWV5m7z9GxWgZNF3w%40mail.gmail.com.

http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

Nicholas O'Leary

Jan 17, 2017, 7:57:54 AM1/17/17
to Node-RED Mailing List
Colin - is there a specific example flow you had in mind? Otherwise it can be quite hard to find something so specific amongst everything in there - particularly for a new user.

>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAL%3D0gLuWDJByNE%2BwyOTXnWppXq8W0aWsUoAAfDpQ%2BW9d1LhtNA%40mail.gmail.com.
>
> --
> http://nodered.org
>
> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
> ---

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAB4zGEtKpfWx6OnC6OmSXqxQODoLwnPFPvWV5m7z9GxWgZNF3w%40mail.gmail.com.

http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Colin Law

Jan 17, 2017, 8:49:14 AM1/17/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
On 17 January 2017 at 12:47, carmine manfredi
<carmine....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm sorry. I'm a newbie. What I to do in flows.nodered.org ?

Hi Carmine

If you go to flows.nodered.org and enter
counter
in the search, it brings up a number of potentially useful example
flows and nodes. The nodes it shows are ones that you can install and
use, and the flows are examples of how to accomplish stuff.

To try out a flow mark and copy the flow text and in node red click on
the hamburger menu in the top right, select Import > Clipboard and
paste the flow in the window. Then click on the flow area to import
it. Once imported you can examine it and try it out to see what it
does.

To import a node the instructions for installing it should be in the
description. Generally you go to your .node-red folder in the
terminal and run
npm install <node name>

I see the search brings up a counter node called
node-red-contrib-counter that accumulates a count of the messages
received, so if you feed the pulse messages into it then it will count
them, which is the first part of your requirement.

I suggest you tackle the problem a bit at a time, so first get this
working with the output going to a debug node so you can see it is
working.

Next you will need, every minute, to get the accumulated count, reset
the counter, and write the values to a file. You can do that possibly
with a "delay" node set to TopicBased Fair Queue mode, which can be
set to pass on just the last message received every minute, so the
output of that should be the accumulated total once a minute.

Next you need to feed that back to the counter node, with msg.reset
set to 0, which will reset the counter, and also feed the message on
to a node that will format the message the way you want, then feed
that on a file node to append it to your file.

As I said, get it going a little at a time and see how you go. Come
back if you get stuck.

Cheers

Colin

Colin Law

Jan 17, 2017, 8:49:56 AM1/17/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
Yes, you are right. See my other email.

Colin

>> > --
>> > http://nodered.org
>> >
>> > Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
>> > ---
>> > an
>> > email to node-red+u...@googlegroups.com.
>> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> > To view this discussion on the web, visit
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAB4zGEtKpfWx6OnC6OmSXqxQODoLwnPFPvWV5m7z9GxWgZNF3w%40mail.gmail.com.

>> --
>> http://nodered.org
>>
>> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
>> ---
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAL%3D0gLs-vULr_V044uVJpQGKH0j0Pg90Ktx1899-H%3DiwWcDq7g%40mail.gmail.com.
>

> --
> http://nodered.org
>
> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
> ---
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAF%3Dvhqc5A6pRzNbCqtubqi9W7xzwXoEBiQ3g0346nmUL0wEC2w%40mail.gmail.com.

carmine manfredi

Jan 17, 2017, 9:02:22 AM1/17/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I will do a step by time.

>> > --
>> > http://nodered.org
>> >
>> > Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
>> > ---
>> > an

>> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> > To view this discussion on the web, visit
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAB4zGEtKpfWx6OnC6OmSXqxQODoLwnPFPvWV5m7z9GxWgZNF3w%40mail.gmail.com.

>> --
>> http://nodered.org
>>
>> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
>> ---

>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAL%3D0gLs-vULr_V044uVJpQGKH0j0Pg90Ktx1899-H%3DiwWcDq7g%40mail.gmail.com.
>

> --
> http://nodered.org
>
> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
> ---

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAF%3Dvhqc5A6pRzNbCqtubqi9W7xzwXoEBiQ3g0346nmUL0wEC2w%40mail.gmail.com.

http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

carmine manfredi

Jan 22, 2017, 2:43:51 AM1/22/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
ok. It works !
I send the flows:

[{"id":"2f7650bd.508488","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1"},{"id":"69c25474.3dccc4","type":"counter","z":"2f7650bd.508488","name":"counter","init":"0","step":"1","mode":"increment","outputs":"2","x":283.5,"y":124,"wires":[["9590590d.d2af5","42cc5941.24a9e"],[]]},{"id":"d9f863e7.cbe8b","type":"inject","z":"2f7650bd.508488","name":"increment","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"x":108.5,"y":119,"wires":[["69c25474.3dccc4"]]},{"id":"a59dfd10.83ad98","type":"inject","z":"2f7650bd.508488","name":"reset","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"60","crontab":"","once":false,"x":119,"y":301,"wires":[["c19ff92a.b37b1"]]},{"id":"c19ff92a.b37b1","type":"function","z":"2f7650bd.508488","name":"reset","func":"msg.reset=true\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":148,"y":199,"wires":[["69c25474.3dccc4"]]},{"id":"9590590d.d2af5","type":"debug","z":"2f7650bd.508488","name":"","active":true,"console":"false","complete":"payload","x":629,"y":275,"wires":[]},{"id":"57e0af7d.3f7af8","type":"file","z":"2f7650bd.508488","name":"","filename":"/home/carmine/file_data.txt","appendNewline":true,"createDir":false,"overwriteFile":"false","x":755.5,"y":41,"wires":[]},{"id":"42cc5941.24a9e","type":"delay","z":"2f7650bd.508488","name":"","pauseType":"queue","timeout":"5","timeoutUnits":"seconds","rate":"1","nbRateUnits":"59","rateUnits":"second","randomFirst":"1","randomLast":"5","randomUnits":"seconds","drop":false,"x":418.5,"y":37,"wires":[["57e0af7d.3f7af8"]]}]

I saved it in flow.nodered.org
There's a small mistake: I do I reset every 60 seconds, but the "delay" node is set to 60-1=59 seconds (otherwise save 0 from reset node). Is there any other method?

>> > --
>> > http://nodered.org
>> >
>> > Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
>> > ---
>> > an

>> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> > To view this discussion on the web, visit
>> >
>> > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAB4zGEtKpfWx6OnC6OmSXqxQODoLwnPFPvWV5m7z9GxWgZNF3w%40mail.gmail.com.

>> --
>> http://nodered.org
>>
>> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
>> ---

>> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/node-red/CAL%3D0gLs-vULr_V044uVJpQGKH0j0Pg90Ktx1899-H%3DiwWcDq7g%40mail.gmail.com.
>

> --
> http://nodered.org
>
> Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
> ---

> Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

roguestreak

Feb 22, 2018, 6:31:23 AM2/22/18
to Node-RED
Hi Carmine, I know this is an old thread but your flow helped me doing a preliminary test for counting pulses from an electricity meter, I've got a suggestion/fix for the export every 59 seconds, putting it here for future reference for others.  Seems to be working as intended, but by no means rigorously tested.
My solution is to  get rid of the interval inject triggering the Reset, change the Limit Topic to 60 seconds, and feed a wire from the Limit Topic into the Reset.  This results in a msg being spat out every 60 seconds, and this msg triggering the Reset AFTER the msg has been passed along.
Hope it's of help to someone.

[{"id":"b30553ff.a1a5a","type":"tab","label":"Flow 1"},{"id":"f3e78ffe.96da18","type":"counter","z":"b30553ff.a1a5a","name":"counter","init":"0","step":"1","lower":"","upper":"","mode":"increment","outputs":"2","x":280,"y":180,"wires":[["2c1090c2.3453d8","8f299113.532008"],[]]},{"id":"9f1764f1.e008e","type":"inject","z":"b30553ff.a1a5a","name":"increment","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"x":100,"y":160,"wires":[["f3e78ffe.96da18"]]},{"id":"acbb1146.9768d","type":"inject","z":"b30553ff.a1a5a","name":"reset","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"60","crontab":"","once":false,"x":119,"y":301,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"750bc2c3.72c7c4","type":"function","z":"b30553ff.a1a5a","name":"reset","func":"msg.reset=true\nreturn msg;","outputs":1,"noerr":0,"x":410,"y":280,"wires":[["f3e78ffe.96da18"]]},{"id":"2c1090c2.3453d8","type":"debug","z":"b30553ff.a1a5a","name":"counter msg","active":true,"console":"false","complete":"payload","x":550,"y":160,"wires":[]},{"id":"8f299113.532008","type":"delay","z":"b30553ff.a1a5a","name":"","pauseType":"queue","timeout":"5","timeoutUnits":"seconds","rate":"1","nbRateUnits":"60","rateUnits":"second","randomFirst":"1","randomLast":"5","randomUnits":"seconds","drop":true,"x":320,"y":80,"wires":[["842195fe.20c37","750bc2c3.72c7c4"]]},{"id":"842195fe.20c37","type":"debug","z":"b30553ff.a1a5a","name":"limited msg","active":true,"console":"false","complete":"payload","x":550,"y":80,"wires":[]}]