DSC alarm with EnvisaLink interface

Patrik Åkerfeldt

Jul 21, 2016, 4:35:45 PM7/21/16
to Node-RED
I'm currently looking for node-red users having the DSC alarm / security system [1] and the EnvisaLink [2] interface.
Last couple of days I have been building a node-red plugin for this security system using the EnvisaLink as the IP interface.
The works with EnvisaLink 2DS but should work equally good with the later versions Envisalink 3 and 4.

The plugin is based of the work from the open source project NodeAlarmProxy [3]. Currently it supports the IN node which feeds the system with status updates from zones and partitions.
See screenshot for example outputs.

I would love to get some input from users also having the DSC alarm and the EnvisaLink (or looking to buy the EnvisaLink) module. My plan is to set up a github project with current work in progress for others to try out in the next couple of days. Hopefully I can get some users to test it before I do a proper release. I also plan to add an OUT node to support arming and disarming the alarm.

Thanks

Patrik Åkerfeldt

Jul 22, 2016, 4:09:32 PM7/22/16
to Node-RED
I just published a first release here: https://github.com/pakerfeldt/node-red-contrib-envisalink

TridiumControls

Oct 11, 2016, 2:18:32 PM10/11/16
to Node-RED
Hi,

Any plans to support the honeywell ademco P series panels? I have a honeywell ademco 15p panel.

Pieter van Halder

Sep 21, 2017, 5:16:04 PM9/21/17
to Node-RED
Hi, I've cloned your project but I don't know what the next steps are. I would love to have this running in combination with my homeautomation system. Can you tell me the steps after cloning to get this in Node-red?

Francis Vanier

Dec 4, 2017, 8:03:03 PM12/4/17
to Node-RED
I can't connect the Node to my Envisalink... any idea?

Patrik Åkerfeldt

Jan 11, 2018, 4:29:42 AM1/11/18
to Node-RED
Sorry for not answering these questions. I recently rebooted the project and yesterday I released a new version [1].
As for the (old) questions. There is no plans to support honeywell. As I understand, it differs too much from DSC it makes little sense to accomodate both systems in the same plugin.

Regarding installation, I've added a section on that in the readme. But it follows the same process as any other NR plugin. The EnvisaLink is connected using 4 wires to the DSC system and then an ethernet cable of course.

There is one input and one output node available.
The input node will send any state updates from the alarm system, including zone triggers even when the alarm is turned off. Therefore, this setup can be used as a presence detector as well.
The output node is used to send commands to the alarm system, like arming or disarming the house.

Feel free to try it out if you run DSC/EnvisaLink and let me know if you have any questions or requests. I'll make sure to answer them this time.