Regarding Flows stopped due to missing node types. Check logs for details.

bigdata...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 3:00:42 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED, Kuruma Chander
Hi,

We are getting the below error showing message:

Flows stopped due to missing node types. Check logs for details.  Please find the screenshot attachment for your reference.

We installed the Nodes by using manage palette.

Manage Palette --> Install Tab ---> Installing required Nodes

Please help on the above issue and how to check the log error in Node- Red.

Thanks in Advance,
Divya P

Node-Red Error.png

Nick O'Leary

Mar 9, 2017, 3:09:51 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED, Kuruma Chander

Hi,

I assume you're running in Bluemix?

We're investigating an issue where nodes aren't getting reinstalled properly after a restart of the app.

Try doing a 'restage' rather than a 'restage' - you may have to use the cf command line to do that as last time I looked the restage action was not exposed by the Bluemix console.

Longer term, you'll be better off adding additional nodes as explicit dependencies in your package.json file.

Nick

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Nick O'Leary

Mar 9, 2017, 3:10:32 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED, Kuruma Chander

Oops... I meant, try a 'restage' rather than a 'restart'.

Nick

bigdata...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 8:35:05 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED, kuruma....@marvelgeospatial.com
Thanks for the reply.

We restage the devops services, but the error remains same.

Deleted the Unused node and also deleted templete node in the flow.  After deletion, the error has gone.

Dashboard Node is showing installed in the palette, but  Dashboard Node is not visible in the Palette.

How to get in the Palette. Please help.

Please help  how to install node in step by step.

Thanks,
Divya P

Nick O'Leary

Mar 9, 2017, 8:51:05 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED Mailing List
I think at this point you will need to edit your application's package.json file and added node-red-dashboard as an explicit dependency.

Nick

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

sama...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 10:53:35 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED
Hi Nick,

I got the same problem using Node-RED version 0.16.0.
In my case none of the mentioned help to solve the problem of the message missing node types.
The flow is empty after it was a flow for the dashboard, I got the error message without any information about the missing nodes. I deleted the flow and created new empty flow but the problem is the same.

Thanks for any working suggestion.

Nick O'Leary

Mar 9, 2017, 10:55:36 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED Mailing List
The node-red log will tell you exactly what nodes it thinks are missing. Change your 'configuration nodes' sidebar (from the drop-down menu) to see if you have any hidden, unused config nodes.

Nick

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

sama...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 11:17:32 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED

Perfect answer of genius person.

Thanks a lot :) .... simply it works.

sama...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 11:38:16 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED

However, the error message is again back whatever flow is created. Am I missing something here?
It worked for two months but today is annoying thing to work with.

sama...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 11:38:55 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED

attaching screen print.

sama...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 11:42:22 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED
This is the used flow.

[{"id":"dde1d3f7.8b07b","type":"inject","z":"c1aadfba.85291","name":"","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":true,"x":232.38888549804688,"y":1026.3333358764648,"wires":[["dc8cad76.59b6a","ef094db5.40ecc"]]},{"id":"ef094db5.40ecc","type":"debug","z":"c1aadfba.85291","name":"","active":true,"console":"false","complete":"false","x":443.3888854980469,"y":1036.555534362793,"wires":[]},{"id":"dc8cad76.59b6a","type":"ui_text","z":"c1aadfba.85291","group":"74a8f39d.4a91fc","order":0,"width":0,"height":0,"name":"","label":"text","format":"{{msg.payload}}","layout":"row-spread","x":357.3888854980469,"y":1107.3333358764648,"wires":[]},{"id":"74a8f39d.4a91fc","type":"ui_group","z":"","name":"Text Group","tab":"71e856df.0eb8a8","disp":true,"width":"6"},{"id":"71e856df.0eb8a8","type":"ui_tab","z":"","name":"Home","icon":"dashboard"}]

sama...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2017, 11:58:25 AM3/9/17
to Node-RED
If I delete the text widget of the ui dashboard, it works fine.

Is the problem with the node-red-dashboard library?

sama...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2017, 3:36:35 AM3/10/17
to Node-RED

Hello Nick,

Do you have any solution for this problem ?..... since I can't create simple flow with any dashboard widget because of the same error message.

Cheers

Colin Law

Mar 10, 2017, 3:39:58 AM3/10/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
@samawicon, can you copy/paste here what you see in the console when you start node-red please.

Colin

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

Graph Sam

Mar 20, 2017, 5:21:58 PM3/20/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hello Colin,

At the end I was forced to remove Node-RED and reinstalled it with all its dependencies to get fresh workspace. I will update this track if I will get the same problem.

Thanks a lot!

/Samy

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Node-RED" group.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

Simone Bonacini

Apr 25, 2017, 8:21:33 AM4/25/17
to Node-RED
Hi, did you solve the problem? Mine it was working fine in the past days and this morning I found the same error as in the title and it goes away only if I remove the all the dashboard object (tabs, groups and so). I tried to uninstall node-red and delete everything in the node-red folder but as soon as I add a dashboard item and deploy, the error comes back

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack
---

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/node-red.

Dave C-J

Apr 25, 2017, 8:23:29 AM4/25/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi - which version of Node-RED and which version of Dashboard ? which OS/platform ? Are there any other errors in the browser developer console ?
Thanks

Simone Bonacini

Apr 25, 2017, 8:41:48 AM4/25/17
to Node-RED
Node-red v 0.16.2
dashboard 2.3.8
running on latest DietPi
I am not entirely sure what you are referring to "browser developer console" but I am using Chrome on windows 10

Dave C-J

Apr 25, 2017, 8:58:45 AM4/25/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
Hi
In chrome... top right (three dots) menu - more tools - developer tools -> console tab

Simone Bonacini

Apr 25, 2017, 9:04:44 AM4/25/17
to Node-RED
No errors in there either before or after the deploy

kartheek koka

Apr 25, 2017, 9:16:46 AM4/25/17
to Node-RED
I got this when I copied some flows through the forms. I later deleted the unrecognized flows. Even then the error kept showing. So, I deleted the .json file on the HOME folder and worked from scratch.

Worked for me..

Thanks,
Kartheek

Simone Bonacini

Apr 25, 2017, 9:25:49 AM4/25/17
to Node-RED
the .config.json file? I deleted the entire node-red folder too but didn't solve. I don't get it, yesterday it was working so something must have happened during night since I didn't use it

Dave C-J

Apr 25, 2017, 10:58:35 AM4/25/17
to node...@googlegroups.com
If you delete the .node-red folder - that usually contains a node_modules directory which is where extra nodes (like node-red-dashboard) get installed... so deleting will remove those nodes...

Simone Bonacini

Apr 25, 2017, 11:08:20 AM4/25/17
to Node-RED
In fact I did delete everything, once reinstalled node-red I had to download again the dashboard nodes

Simone Bonacini

Apr 28, 2017, 9:22:54 AM4/28/17
to Node-RED
I installed the DietPi image from scratch and now it is working. Maybe some other dashboard components I tried messed up something.

segarlinktech

Aug 26, 2017, 12:43:43 PM8/26/17
to Node-RED, kuruma....@marvelgeospatial.com
hi, i have this message from NODERED please see the attachments ,any one have solve this message ? please advice something to solve this problem. see the screen shoot below
(Flows stopped due to missing node types. Check logs for details.)

thanks
Flows stopped due to missing node types. Check logs for details..pdf

segarlinktech

Aug 26, 2017, 12:46:06 PM8/26/17
to Node-RED
hi, i have this message from NODERED please see the attachments ,any one have solve this message ? please advice something to solve this problem. see the screen shoot below
(Flows stopped due to missing node types. Check logs for details.)
Flows stopped due to missing node types. Check logs for details.

Nick O'Leary

Aug 26, 2017, 12:54:28 PM8/26/17
to Node-RED

Exactly as the message says, you need to look at the node-red console log to see what nodes it is missing. Which is the same response I have given in each of the threads you've posted this question on.

Once you know what it is missing you can install the appropriate modules, or delete the 'unknown' nodes in the editor and deploy.

Nick

Jaron Bibo

Sep 16, 2017, 6:41:38 AM9/16/17
to Node-RED
Hi, I hade the same Problem. It was a conflict between two nodes with the same node types (In my case it was shri-dashboard and red-dashboard)
removeing one solved the Problem
Message has been deleted

Shubham Thanekar

Dec 21, 2017, 4:02:39 AM12/21/17
to Node-RED
I solved this problem. Remove older version of dashboard by going into the manage palette. and install the newer version through command line using this command : npm i node-red-dashboard in the nodered user directory ~/.node-red then stop the running nodered and again restart it so it will be shown in the manage palette. After this you will get your nodered dashboard on the browser.

Marc Heimann

Jan 18, 2018, 5:10:18 AM1/18/18
to Node-RED
Dear Shubham Thanekar,

thank you, your solution also worked on my raspberry pi. The dashboard had been running for months without any problem. I'm wondering what caused this because I didn't update or install anything on my raspberry that might have broken a dependency.  I mean, if there really was something missing, why was it working in the first place? Here are my specs:
Node-RED version: v0.16.2
Node.js  version: v6.10.1
Linux 4.4.50+ arm LE

> Chromium console
resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)

> sudo journalctl -f -u nodered -o cat
15 Jan 21:22:30 - [info] Waiting for missing types to be registered:
15 Jan 21:22:30 - [info]  - ui_base
15 Jan 21:22:30 - [info]  - ui_text