MQTT location -> mySQL

Mikołaj Czyż

Oct 20, 2016, 8:31:17 AM10/20/16
to Node-RED
Hello,

Could you please help me finding a tutorial of how to make something like a location logger + GPX exporter. I'm a photographer and would love to have a logged path exported to GPX.

I managed to get MQTT client + broker + Node-Red listener that outputs JSON. Now how would you approach logging this in MySQL db and converting (say - weekly) to GPX files? Maybe someone did something similar?

Kind regards.

Giovanni Angoli

Oct 20, 2016, 12:45:22 PM10/20/16
to node...@googlegroups.com
It's not node-red based but I think you should take a look at Owntracks + Onwntracks recorder.

You can find all the documentation here: Owntracks Booklet and there's a forum too: https://community.owntracks.org/

--
http://nodered.org

Join us on Slack to continue the conversation: http://nodered.org/slack